Hi! I’m Shing Yin Khor, sometimes known as Sawdust Bear. I’m a sculptor, cartoonist and installation artist. You can find out more about my work at my portfolio.
I have recently completed:
- The American Dream? A Journey on Route 66, a 160 page graphic novel about driving all of historic Route 66 with my tiny dog, and exploring what it means to be an American immigrant on the quintessential classic American highway. It is being published by Zest Books in Winter 2017.
- The Last Apothecary, an immersive and narrative haunted house installation that went to Burning Man 2016, as well as an gallery art show “sequel” at Stranger Factory, called Apothecary.
My current working projects are:
- Shop Class, a collection of comics that explain power tools and how to build things in a clear and approachable way.
- Tiny Adventure Journal, an travelogue comic.
- Center for Otherworld Science, a world filled with strange and anxious creatures that explores a world of bumbling science, human fallibility and heroic futility. It mostly takes the form of a series of sculptures, and a comic.
As a hobby, I visit and take pictures of abandoned spaces, and do experimental art things, largely around object-narratives.
My work can be purchased at Stranger Factory/Circus Posterus.
The best way to reach me is Twitter, but I am also on Instagram, Facebook and Tumblr.
If you’d like to support my ongoing work, you can do so on Patreon.